- 1 (2.86 pound) bag Mini Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 6 pounds vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large chopped onion (about 1½ cups)
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms (about 2½ cups)
- 2 sliced carrots (about 1 cup)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ounces pinched baby spinach leaves (about 2 cups)
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine chicken broth, diced tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, carrots, garlic and seasonings in a large stockpot; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Re-boil; add pierogies and baby spinach.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until pierogies are heated through and spinach is wilted and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.